Reading Intervention Program
The Read Right Reading Intervention Program is appropriate for adolescents with mild to severe reading problems. By design, Read Right methodology compels students to remodel the neural network that, in poor readers, guides the reading process incorrectly. Once remodeled, the network yields comfortable, natural reading and understanding of the author’s message every time it is accessed to read. Brains are “plastic,” but they are resistant to change. The tutoring environment, therefore, requires precision.
In our classroom-based delivery model, Read Right Consultants spend seven weeks in your school (distributed over 18 weeks) training members of your staff in our highly structured small-group tutoring system. The contract cycle typically lasts for one full school year, providing schools with on-going support via email and phone as well as monthly and year-end reporting. Your teachers and aides will become experts in providing the precise environment required to transform students into successful readers, reading with comfort and enjoyment, comprehending what they read.
Closing the achievement gap and raising test scores become possible when your struggling students are transformed into successful readers. Schools using the Read Right Intervention Program have reported these positive effects as the result of Read Right tutoring.
Intensive, In-Depth Training for the Classroom-Based Program
- Up to four of your staff members will be trained at one time. They can be certified teachers, instructional aides, or a combination of the two. Each adult will work with up to five students during each tutoring session. These can be (in any combination) Title I students, special education students, RTI students, English language learners, or any student who isn’t an efficient, effective reader.
- Our hands-on training methods will help your staff become proficient in implementing the Read Right small-group, student-centered methodology; performing individual student assessments and student-centered instruction; and in using the project management and student management systems, training materials, implementation manuals, and reporting and quality assurance systems.
Read Right System Provides:
- The Read Right library, consisting of 700+ books (many reflecting Native culture) and materials needed to implement the methodology
- The Read Right digital library, which contains the audio files needed for one component of the library
- Systems for project and student management, quality assurance, and reporting
- Extensive off-site support for on-going quality assurance and collaborative problem-solving when Read Right Consultants are not on site doing training
Optional Read Right Training
Most clients opt to train a Read Right Trainer so they can grow their programs as desired and provide on-going quality assurance and staff training.
- One Read Right Tutor is trained to be a trainer through a hands-on model in which up to four additional tutors are brought on board
Read Right Online Tutoring Services: An Implementation Alternative
Our Online Tutoring Service is perfect for after school programs, potential clients who want to to conduct a short-term test pilot, homebound students, schools that have limited staffing, or clients who have only small numbers of students.
- Online Students are tutored in groups of four by trained Read Right employees; every student can see and hear the tutor
- Each student must have access to a computer with Internet connection, a webcam, and a headset with a microphone